If you do not accept the use of these cookies, please disable them using the instructions in this cookie notice, for instance by following the ‘opt-out’ links provided below or by changing your browser settings so that cookies from these websites cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
N.B. Rest assured that the cookies we use do not contain personal details like your name, telephone numbers, e-mail or postal addresses.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by Coremetrix to your computer;
- Third-party cookies, which are served by a third party on Coremetrix’s behalf. We use third-party cookies for web analytics.
- customize and enhance your online experience;
- enable us to advertise both on and off our website;
- monitor our site performance and to improve our websites; and
- understand the total number of visitors on our sites, the types of internet browsers and the operating systems used by our website users.
Coremetrix uses (Google) analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website. This information is used to help us improve our website. The information is collected in a way that does not directly identify anyone.
By default, these cookies are disabled and will only be enabled if you positively opt-in.
How to control and delete cookies
- by using the opt-outs provided above;
- by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices; or through your browser, as explained below.
You can also block cookies by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this website cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser.
Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.